Slideshow Widget

TUTORIAL: How to Make a Paper Medallion

I just LOVE the way medallions look--behind cupcake toppers, on garlands... pretty much everywhere. My photography partner in crime, Jenn, always harasses me to do tutorials of how to make things, so she snapped photos as I made this awesome cupcake backer.

 photo Gingerbread_Blog-1439_zps1435a16a.jpg

So pretty, right? I mean, I know I'm biased but I really love the Gingerbread Party. So here's a picture tutorial of how to make a paper medallion, with directions below.  All you really need is paper, but a scorer certainly makes things quicker!


 
I used strips of paper that were 12" by 2" and made quarter inch folds. After the paper is accordion folded, glue the ends together to make a circle. Then flip the circle in to make it flat--this part is a little tricky. Put a dot of glue on the center to hold it in place and add a party circle (there are a bunch available in our Etsy shop!) and add a lollipop stick to the back. Ta da!


Interested in making wall sized medallions? You'll need four strips of paper that are 12" by 6", with 1" folds. Enjoy!

Post a Comment